The Republic of Turkey is a country in Asia and Eastern Europe that borders in the east with Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Iran, with Iraq and Syria in the south and with the Aegean Sea and the islands in it, Greece and Bulgaria in the west. The location of Turkey between South East Europe and the Middle East gives it a great geostrategic importance. In the country, the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles are fully deployed, through which it is established a connection between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean.
The total area of the country is 783,562 km² with a population of about 75 million people that makes it the 18th most densely populated country in the world. The official language is Turkish, but there is no official religion. Turkey is a member of organizations such as NATO, OECD, the Council of Europe, OSCE and the G-20. Turkey began full membership negotiations with the European Union in 2005. The state is also a member of the Organization “Islamic Conference” and the Organization for Economic Cooperation.
The official capital of Turkey is Ankara but the largest city which is also the cultural center of the country is Istanbul.
Other major cities in the country are Izmir, Bursa, Adana, and Gaziantep and if you need to send a parcel or a documentary consignment to one of them or to another location in the country, you may find the required postal code on the website of CouriersFinder which can be found on the following link: here.
Turkey is a country with an ancient and rich culture, strong traditions and many architectural monuments but most people associate the country with its diversity of typical regional sweets, its marine resorts and the beauty of Istanbul.
The characteristic Turkish sweets are famous all over the world. Usually put in syrup, they are very sweet and soft and no matter if baklava, triguni or kadaif – they are extremely loved everywhere the Ottoman Empire had stretched to. It should not be missed the Turkish delight too which is a traditional sweet dish for the whole country and when attending or receiving a shipment from Turkey with the help of the partners of CouriersFinder, do not give up this sweet temptation.
The Turkish marine resorts are another very popular aspect of the country. Largely subsidized by the state, they can afford lower prices for their customers who receive an excellent service at the highest level. The combination of beautiful scenery and high temperatures attracts tourists from all over the world each year to enjoy the beautiful weather, the local specialties, and the luxurious surroundings.
When visiting Turkey you should not forget to check Istanbul. The heir of Constantinople, the city has kept the spirit, complementing it with typical Arabic architectural masterpieces such as Dolmabahce Palace, Taksim Square, Topkapi Palace and Sultan Ahmed Mosque which are part of the world cultural heritage under the UNESCO protection. The city has one of the most complex transport networks in the world, over the Bosphorus are built 2 hanging bridges and a third is under construction. Every moment it is expected to be completed and the tunnel under the Bosphorus called “Marmaray” which is going to connect the two parts of the city under the waters of the Bosphorus. On both sides of the strait are stretched powerful industrial zones dotted with skyscrapers and when visiting Turkey you should not miss enjoying the beauty of the city.
The cosmopolitan city is the reason for the ever-increasing traffic of parcels to and from Turkey which requires their fast and correct transportation.
CouriersFinder offers online services intended precisely for the express and safe transportation of your parcels while its partners are tested, proven on the market companies that are going to bring you the objects and the documents you need to anywhere in the country.
- When sending a parcel outside the EU you are going to need a Pro Forma / Commercial Invoice.
- Make sure to pack your shipment well in an internal and an external packaging and make sure to fill the empty space in the box with suitable materials
- Choose sturdy and stable boxes for shipment
- Remember that in Turkey cannot be imported and exported goods such as silkworms, soil, leaves, straw, various slot machines, purchases with false labeling and some materials for painting
- Note that if you bring televisions and radio receivers and satellite you are going to have to pay an additional tax
- Avoid sending alcoholic beverages to the country. Is not prohibited, but is considered as a bad manner
- If you want to provide you with the traditional Turkish sweets, make sure that they are going to travel at a sufficiently low temperature because they are very perishable
- Take the opportunity to follow in real time the stages of the transportation of your parcel using the tracking service CouriersFinder offers
- CouriersFinder recommends when you transfer valuables to insure them in advance in order to avoid accidents..
Put your trust into the partners of CouriersFinder in order to be sure that your parcel is going to be delivered on time and in excellent condition to and from Turkey.